This is an important message to all Candidates, who are seeking for admission to study Education Master’s Degree or Master of Education, which is popularly known as M.Ed Programme, should take note that the National Open University of Nigeria, is offering admission into the M.Ed programme for the 2020/21 academic session.
See Also: Open University of Nigeria NOUN 2020/21 Admission Application form is out.
Admission into the M.Ed Programme of the School of Education
Using this medium, i would love to inform and notify members of the general public, that the Open University of Nigeria, is currently inviting Applications from suitable qualified and eligible candidates for admission into the M.Ed programme of the School of Education, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
|1. Master of Education (M.Ed) Programme||Programme Code|
|a) Guidance and Counselling||4404|
For you to be successfully admitted into the Master of Education Degree in Guidance and Counselling programme, all candidates are expected to do and have the following listed below:
i. All candidates are expected to provide/produce an evidence of successful completion of the first degree in any education programme from a recognised University with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division). Please take note that the minimum is Second Class Honours, anything below the Lower division and your application for admission will be rejected.
ii. All applicants should also be able to produce an evidence of successful completion of first degree with at least a third class in any discipline outside Education with either a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) or a Postgraduate Diploma in Distance Education (PGDDE);
iii. All applicants are required and expected to hold a Higher National Diploma (HND) with PGDE or PGDDE.
iv. All interesting applicants are required to provide sure proved evidence of completion/exclusion/exemption of the National Youth Service Corps Scheme.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
For your application to be successful, and for you to be able to complete the requirements for the degree of M.Ed. (Guidance & Counselling), all aspirants / candidates are requested to enroll in course work for four semesters. The required field experience and project work shall be completed during the period of the four semesters.
How To Apply For NOUN M.Ed Programme (e-APPLICATION)
Applicants should be aware that the application process is electronic, online and the portal for registration works 24-hours a day. The method of application is as follows:
- The Very first step to take, is to walk into any of these participating banks listed below,
|First City Monument Bank||0676806017|
ALL Aspirants should PLEASE NOTE that the Management of the National Open University, WILL not be held responsible or liable for any payment which is made into any account, which is different from the ones listed above. Take Note of this information, it is of utmost importance.
2. Once you walk into any of these banks, you are required to pay as follows for NOUN application forms:
- Undergraduate Programmes N5, 000.00 (Five Thousand Naira Only)
- Postgraduate (PGD and Masters) programmes N7, 500.00 (Seven Thousand, Five-hundred Naira) only
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only
3. Don’t pay directly to any of these accounts, because you are expected to obtain a NOUN Teller, which is specially designed for NOUN for the purpose of payment.
4. Proceed and collect the Application pin CODE equivalent to the amount paid for your form from the Bank.
5. Go to a cyber cafe or with your Computer/Laptop, visit www.noun.edu.ng and click on application form.
6. Before you can successfully register for the M.Ed Programme, you are expected to use your Application pin number to access your NOUN online application form.
7. Complete the application by providing the required information, please ensure you fill the form with your correct details.
8. After completion, the candidate can re-open the form as often as he/she likes, before submitting. Please note that once you submit the form, you wouldn’t be able to edit the form, so ensure you cross-check the form thoroughly before submission.
9. Once you have completed all the above steps, you may proceed and submit your form by clicking the submit button at the bottom of the displayed screen.
10. You can now print out your provisional admission letter.
All applicants are advised to insist on paying the stipulated cost only and obtain official receipt at the point of payment.
This information is signed by Nou Registrar,
Mrs. Josephine O. Akinyemi (Mrs.), FAUA
Please do share this information with your friends on facebook, Twitter and Google+, using the share buttons below.